Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Personal Branding Trend #8 - Personal Portals by William Arruda

As many of you are aware, I have been certified through Reach Personal Branding and now I have the benefits of a Preferred Strategist to share with you William Arruda's 11 Top Trends for Personal Branding in 2011.
As a teaser, I will provide the trends over the next 11 days by presenting each one individually with more detail. I start with Trend #8 - Personal Portals, and have included Williams video for more clarity on the subject.
An excerpt from Williams trend files:

"Many of you have spent time in the past several years creating a LinkedIn profile, building a Blog, creating a Twitter bio, friending on Facebook, etc. This has fractured your brand to various sites all over the web. There‘s the Facebook you, the YouTube you and the Twitter you, etc. Each person who connects with you via one of these sites, sees only one facet of the gem that is your brand. This has made it challenging to provide the complete story about who you are and what you do."

Enter personal portals......
Personal portals, such as about.me and flavors.me are a new category of online tools that allows you to link all the different facets of your brand in one place. They let you create one customizable web page that connects all your profiles from various social networks.

Watch Williams video to learn more.


I presented this trend first as I have recently developed my Personal Portal with the help of my brilliant Partner Don at SteelID. Don not only took a cool photo of me behind our studio, but he took the time to design my About.Me/RobinBramman page to include my brand attributes and presented it with coolness.

I show you the before and after below to outline how important it is to work with a professional integrated designer to present your brand online.  Many people go for the DIY (Do It Yourself) and end up placing their brand at risk.  

Before

After                                                                     
















Stay tuned for more trends to follow and share your trends by commenting below.


Cheers,
Robin



No comments:

Post a Comment